Garmin Nuvi is a navigation device that uses GPS satellite signals to determine locations and routes. It has all the navigational features you need in a GPS. It comes with preloaded maps so that you can begin navigating the day you purchase the device. Also, you can download multiple maps of your preferred locations on this device with the help of the Garmin Express software. Hence, follow the guide given below for the Garmin Nuvi Update.
Procedure for Garmin Nuvi Update:
Garmin Express is a software that helps you in downloading all the latest maps and software updates for your device. Also, your Nuvi device must be already registered with the software. So follow the below-given instructions for Garmin Nuvi Update:
- First of all, open your Garmin Express application on your system.
- Then, click on Add a Device.
- Now, connect your device to your system with the help of a USB cable.
- When the system screen shows that your Nuvi device is found, tap on the blue “Add Device” button.
- In the next screen, you need to sign-in to your account.
- Click on the blue Sign in button. Enter your email address and password and once again, click sign in.
- But if you do not have a Garmin account, click the “Create an account” button and then follow the on-screen instructions for account creation.
- Next, synchronize your settings, enter your device nickname and select your desired language in the given fields. Then, click on the “Next” button.
- Now it will start checking for updates. Make sure that your system must be connected to the internet.
- All the Maps and Software updates available will be shown on your screen. Tap on blue Install all button or you can click on the view details to learn more about the updates.
- After that, it will show you a list of all the software and map updates separately. Then, click on the Install button after choosing your preferred updates.
- To carry on the process of the Garmin Nuvi Update, a new dialog box of the Licence Agreement will appear on your screen. View the agreement carefully and if you agree to it, click on the blue Accept button located at the bottom.
- Do not Unplug your device while the updates are in progress. Also, software updates will be installed first and then the map updates will begin.
- Then, click on the blue Continue button located at the bottom of the page.
- It will start installing the software updates. Once it’s done, the installation of map updates will automatically start.
- Once the installation finishes, You’re up to date will be shown on your screen. Also, you can view your updates by clicking the Check for Updates tab.
- Close Garmin Express and unplug your device.
- For Garmin Nuvi update, open your Garmin Nuvi device by pressing it’s on/off button.
- It will automatically start loading the software.
- Then your device will restart and start loading all the maps.
- After that, you will see a warning message, click on the agree button.
In the next pop-up box, click on the OK button and now you can view all your maps.